I arrived on October 16th 2011, picked up my car and went and checked out the apartment. I spent the next 2 weeks getting my belongings before heading out for what turned out to be a 6 week trip to Costa Rica , LA, Chicago & Amsterdam..
Though somehow we still managed to get most things done..
- Alien registration – I’m a registered Tochigi alien
- Car – was waiting for me on arrival
- Multi-visa – A day trip to Utsenomiya sorted this
- Hanko registration – Done in the Otawara city offices
- Belongings sent by sea – arrived no damage
- Belongings sent by Air – arrived no damage
- Mobile phone – got a Japanese iPhone..
- Bank account – Got an internet account in Tokyo (not available from local banks)
- Cash Card but no credit card yet
- Bought: lounge, kitchen cupboards, spare bed, curtains, light fittings, oven, bedside table & light
- Got David’s washing machine, fridge, TV, Iron and BBQ kettle
But I’m pretty much sorted, its getting cold and I am going to have to rethink heating..